- Robert E. Friedman, author of A Few Thousand Dollars: Sparking Prosperity for Everyone
- Malik Ahmed, Chief Executive Officer, Better Family Life
- Ray Boshara, Senior Advisor and Director, Center for Household Financial Stability, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- Tishaura Jones, Treasurer, City of St. Louis
- Esther Shin, President, Urban Strategies
The conversation will be moderated by Michael Sherraden, Founding Director of the Center for Social Development. Robert E. Friedman, Founder of CFED (now Prosperity Now) and leader in the field of inclusive asset building, will discuss policies to reduce wealth inequality and strategies for community-driven innovation to build a stronger, more inclusive economy. Community leaders will discuss the implications of Friedman’s recommendations for the St. Louis region.
Lunch will be provided. Books available for purchase and signing following the event.
Learn more and register here.
This event is sponsored by the Center for Social Development, Center for the Study of Race, Ethnicity & Equity, Clark-Fox Policy Institute, and Collaboration on Race, Inequality, and Social Mobility in America at Washington University in St. Louis, and Grand Challenges for Social Work.