Join the Gephardt Institute in conversation with local leaders on how St. Louis has supported refugees as a community. How have we responded in past circumstances? How are we responding now? And what can you do as an individual? This is part of our ongoing In the Lou series where we bring community members together to talk about complex issues in the St. Louis context. The session will be held over Zoom.
Meet the Panel:
- Adil Imdad, Chairman, Social Services of the Islamic Foundation of Greater St. Louis
- Jessica Mayo, Co-Director and Attorney at the Migrant and Immigrant Community Action Project
- Thinh Nguyen, Community Access Worker at Bilingual International
- Wilford Pinkney Jr., Mayor’s Office of Children, Youth, and Families of the City of St. Louis
- Younasse Y Tarbouni, Ph.D, Teaching Professor of Arabic (moderator)
Read the full bios for our panelists here.