Each One Teach One invites you to learn about how the trauma that children are exposed to outside of the classroom affects their ability to succeed in school. The panel will feature five local education leaders and community stakeholders who will speak to how schools have responded to the recent uptick in gun violence in St. Louis by implementing trauma-informed practices and other measures.
Featuring five panelists:
– Megan Marietta, MSW, LCSW, Manager of Social Work Services at St. Louis Public Schools
– Dr. Sharonica Hardin-Bartley, Superintendent for the School District of University City
– Emily Luft, Program Director for Alive and Well
– Robert Motley, PhD candidate at the Brown School of Social Work
– Farrakhan Shegog, president of Young Voices with Action