Several resources are available to support community engaged transportation needs for the Washington University community.
- Individual students who are involved in independent civic and community engagement in the St. Louis region and qualified by Student Financial Services may explore the Gephardt Institute’s Community Engagement Opportunity Fund. Please visit the Office for Student Success for more information.
- Students and faculty who are approved for CarShare by the Gephardt Institute may utilize the Transportation Fund for Community Engaged Courses. Faculty, please click here to learn about the request process for this fund. If your course is approved for CarShare use, please send all students who intend to drive to the Enterprise CarShare website.
- Student Union groups should contact email@example.com to access Student Union funds specifically for CarShare.
Reimbursement Guidelines for Enterprise CarShare for Approved Community Engagement Purposes
Please note that reimbursements from the Gephardt Institute are only available for pre-approved expenses associated with the Community Engagement Opportunity Fund or the Transportation Fund for Community Engaged Courses.
CarShare Reimbursement Policies
- Drivers should have an understanding of Enterprise CarShare member policies, which apply to drivers and passengers using the Enterprise CarShare.
- Transportation of minors who are not Washington University students is prohibited.
- Travel beyond a 30-mile radius from the university will not be covered.
- Gephardt Institute funds may not be used to support political candidates or their campaign activities.
- Users must apply for CarShare funding whenever they need a car unless otherwise instructed in their specific funding guidelines.
- Users are responsible for charges associated with:
- Rentals that were not pre-approved.
- Reimbursement requests without receipts.
- Reimbursement requests more than 90 calendar days from the rental date.
- Fees for late returns, late cancellations, and unused reservations. Cancellations must be made a minimum of four hours ahead of the reservation to avoid charges.
- As you evaluate your transportation needs, please consider using the WashU Universal Pass (U-Pass) or other sustainable transportation options.
- When possible, students enrolled in a Community Engaged Course are encouraged to travel together to reduce expenses and environmental impact.