The Community Engagement Opportunity Fund supports students with demonstrated high financial need who face burdensome expenses associated with their participation in community service, civic engagement initiatives, and Community-Engaged Courses in the St. Louis area.
Learn more and apply:
Purpose and Scope
This fund supports undergraduate and graduate students with demonstrated high financial need (as defined by Student Financial Services) seeking to participate in civic and community engagement activity within the St. Louis region. The grant assists students in doing the following:
- Participating in civic and community engagement opportunities within greater St. Louis region, including community service
- Strengthening and expanding current community partnerships within the St. Louis region
- Developing new grassroots community and or civic engagement initiatives
- Leveraging opportunities for effective collaboration and partnership
Grants are given in variable amounts based on the nature of the request and typically range from $10 to $500.
There are no additional requirements for this application.
- Applicants must be full-time undergraduate/graduate students who demonstrate a high financial need as defined by Student Financial Services or by their graduate program
- This fund is to make it possible for that individual to participate in activities within the St. Louis region that align with the mission of Gephardt Institute
- Applicants should exhibit good academic standing as defined by their school or department
- Project and plans must be non-partisan
Examples of eligible proposals:
- Transportation within the St. Louis region for community service, planning meetings, project implementation, etc.
- Funds for supplies, equipment, background checks, and program materials
- Community-engaged research and partnership development
- Public policy development
- Engaging community members in a project or process
- Launching a program in a local community
Submissions are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Applicants are required to complete a Letter of Intent form and schedule a proposal meeting before submitting an application. A decision will be made within four weeks after submission. After completing our online application form, students should do the following:
If you have any questions, please contact our Civic Engagement Fund Coordinator: email@example.com