If you are a WashU faculty or staff member, or work in a WashU department, it is possible for you to receive reimbursement in advance of project completion through an Inter-Department (ID) Transfer, pending department approval. If you are unsure if an ID Transfer is possible for your grant award, please contact the sub-grant committee chair or CivicEngagementFund@wustl.edu.
Step-by-Step Inter-Department Transfer Process
If you are NOT a WashU faculty or staff member, or do not want to be paid through your department, see Information for Grant Recipients.
Step 1: Sign and submit the Grant Acceptance Form
- Submit the online grant acceptance form within 7 days of your award notification. This confirms the acceptance of the grant.
Step 2: Work with your department to set up an unrestricted ledger class 12 account and ID the Gephardt Institute.
- If you and your department are unsure of what this is, please email CivicEngagementFund@wustl.edu
Step 3: Email our Civic Engagement Fund Coordinator to notify us of the unrestricted ledger class 12 account, and provide the name and email of your department’s financial contact.
- Please email CivicEngagementFund@wustl.edu
Step 4: Throughout your project/event, keep all ORIGINAL receipts that clearly break down the purchase(s) by line item and indicate paid in full.
- We will ask that you turn in all original receipts.
Step 5: Throughout your project/event, keep track of how many members of the WashU community and non-WashU community participated and engaged with your work. This will be be required as part of your summary report.
- If there are less than 13 people at any event or project that involves food or other social expenses, you must record all of their names for reimbursement processes.
Step 6: Turn in your summary report using the online form.
- Submit the online form within 30 days of project completion.
Step 7: Turn in all original receipts and any photos taken during the project/event to CivicEngagementFund@wustl.edu
- Any funds not spent will need to be reimbursed to the Gephardt Institute via Inter-Department Transfer.
If you have questions regarding reimbursement, please email CivicEngagementFund@wustl.edu.