Small Change Grant funding provides funding to support ongoing initiatives, as well as new initiatives focused on cultivating civic engagement. Small Change Grants support community projects, special events, and educational experiences.
Learn more and apply:
Purpose and Scope
These grants are available to undergraduate/graduate students, faculty and staff. The service may be an individual hands-on community service endeavor or a group project. Projects can take place anytime throughout the year, as well as anywhere in the world. Student awardees must complete their project prior to graduation.
Examples of eligible proposals:
- Special events
- Conference registration fees
- Supplies and equipment to meet program goals
- Food for community meetings
Please keep in mind that all projects must be university sanctioned in order to receive funding.
- Project budget using the template provided
- If the project collaborates with community partners, we request a letter of support from community partner(s)
- If the grant is awarded, a site visit will be required
We welcome proposals ranging from $50-$500.
These grants are available to undergraduate/graduate students, faculty and staff. Projects can take place anytime throughout the year. Student awardees must complete their project prior to graduation.
- Complete an online Letter of Intent form due November 1.
- Schedule a proposal review meeting by November 8. Following the submission of the Letter of Intent, our Civic Engagement Fund Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, will reach out and arrange this meeting.
- Apply to the Small Change Grant using the link below. Be sure to include:
- A PDF of the budget document using the Budget Template.
- Letters of support from community partners, if applicable.
If you have any questions, please contact our Civic Engagement Fund Coordinator: email@example.com