The student staff of the Gephardt Institute for Civic and Community Engagement is one of the institute’s greatest assets. Working with a team of highly talented and civic-minded students increases our capacity for engagement of students, faculty, alumni, and partners to foster a robust university-wide civic culture and impact.
The institute employs a range of student staff including undergraduates, graduate assistants, and master’s research fellows who fulfill essential institute roles and benefit from substantive professional and personal development. Students typically work approximately ten hours per week during the academic year, and some positions require a higher time commitment during summer break, spring break, and during peak program times.
Each student intern receives:
- Paid internship experience for their contribution to the Gephardt Institute
- Orientation related to the Gephardt Institute’s mission and focus on civic and community engagement and training for their role
- Routine access to the coaching, mentorship, training, and support needed to reach their goals
- A clear scope of work and accountability to a supervisor and/or team with the resources to succeed
- Experience in a high functioning, collaborative, inclusive, and supportive professional environment
The institute is well-regarded for building an engaging and supportive staff community, with substantive opportunities for students to work in meaningful, impactful, community-engaged work.
ONLINE APPLICATION DEADLINE
Thank you to those who have applied for the March 2017 deadline. You should expect to hear from us regarding announcements/interviews in April. For those still interested in applying, additional positions will be posted on our website in August- stay tuned!
All interested students, including those studying abroad, are welcome and encouraged to learn more about our internships and the application process by contacting the supervisors listed on the position descriptions.
“It is more than just a job; it is the opportunity to be a part of an incredibly hard-working and supportive community where amazing things are accomplished each semester.”