The student staff of the Gephardt Institute for Civic and Community Engagement is one of the institute’s greatest assets. Working with a team of highly talented and civic-minded students increases our capacity for engagement of students, faculty, alumni, and partners to foster a robust university-wide civic culture and impact.
The institute employs a range of student staff including undergraduate coordinators, graduate assistants, and master’s research fellows who fulfill essential roles and benefit from substantive professional and personal development. Students typically work ten hours per week during the academic year, and some positions require a higher time commitment during summer break, spring break, and during peak program times.
Each student intern receives:
- Paid internship experience for their contribution to the Gephardt Institute
- Orientation related to the Gephardt Institute’s mission and focus on civic and community engagement and training for their role
- Routine access to the coaching, mentorship, training, and support needed to reach their goals
- A clear scope of work and accountability to a supervisor and/or team with the resources to succeed
- Experience in a high functioning, collaborative, inclusive, and supportive professional environment
The institute is well-regarded for building an engaging and supportive staff community, with substantive opportunities for students to work in meaningful, impactful, and community-engaged work.
ONLINE APPLICATION DEADLINE
The Gephardt Institute is currently seeking undergraduate candidates for four positions for the spring 2018 semester. Those positions include:
- Design and Visual Communications Coordinator
- Each One Teach One: KIPP Victory Coordinator (previous experience required)
- Marketing and Communications Coordinator
- 2018 Meet St. Louis Coordinator
The positions will officially start with a Gephardt Institute student staff retreat in January 2018. Initial orientation to the role is available in December.
Applications including submission of the online form, uploaded cover letter and resume, and any relevant addendum requirements are due online by Tuesday, October 31, by 5pm.
To apply to this position, please fill out the online Gephardt Internship Application Form here:
For more information, please email the Assistant Director for Student Engagement and Service, Cara Johnson, at CLJohnson@wustl.edu.
“It is more than just a job; it is the opportunity to be a part of an incredibly hard-working and supportive community where amazing things are accomplished each semester.”