The Catalyst is a quarterly newsletter that explores partnerships between Washington University and the St. Louis community. This newsletter features community voices through a series of “notes from the field,” as well as resources and opportunities available to facilitate collaboration and enrich our region. Submit resources, events, and other opportunities for involvement and support by completing the form below. Our next edition will cover all opportunities taking place in early May through the end of July 2020. Please review the following submission guidelines and contact Nichole Murphy, Community Engagement Coordinator, with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have an announcement geared toward WashU students and employees, you can also submit to our weekly Opportunities newsletter using the form below. Please note that this newsletter is only distributed when fall and spring classes are in session.
Guidelines for Catalyst Submissions
- Announcements should be broadly relevant to the St. Louis region. The Catalyst’s primary recipients include staff and leadership at local community organizations and staff and faculty at Washington University.
- Submissions should relate to civic and community engagement opportunities offered by nonprofit and non-partisan organizations. Announcements can address volunteer and civic opportunities in the St. Louis region as well as nonprofit events, jobs, workshops/trainings, and conferences.
- Deadlines: Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis and will be included on our website on a rolling basis. You may submit announcements in advance of the date you wish them to be included in the newsletter. Our next edition will go out in early May and cover the months of May, June, and July.
- Fundraisers may be considered if the announcement focuses on volunteer opportunities. Announcements referencing alcohol will not be included.
- The Gephardt Institute staff reserves the right to edit or reject all submissions.
- Washington University is a politically neutral institution. Listing of any event or activity in the newsletter is not indicative of university sponsorship or support of any political cause or position.