Check Your Registration
Not sure if you registered as a voter in Missouri? Want to check if your current address is listed? You can check out your official voter registration information here.
Register to Vote
Voter registration can be completed in any state using WashU’s TurboVote tool here.
2020 Elections: Voting By Mail
For 2020 elections, every Missouri voter is eligible to vote by mail. The basic process is as follows:
1) Request an absentee or mail-in ballot
2) Receive your ballot and fill it out
3) Take your unsealed ballot and a government issued ID to a notary (if needed)
4) Return your ballot to the Board of Elections before 7pm on Election Day
Look Up Your Polling Place
Not sure where to go to vote? Look up your address on the Missouri Secretary of State website to learn where your polling place is this election.
In Missouri, you can use any of the following as voter ID:
- Identification issued by the state of Missouri, an agency of the state, or a local election authority of the state (i.e. a Missouri driver’s license or state ID)
- Identification issued by the United States government or agency (i.e. a passport)
- Identification issued by an institution of higher education, including a university, college, vocational, and technical school, located within the state of Missouri (i.e. your WashU ID)
- A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, government check, or other government document that contains the name and address of the voter
See sample accepted forms of ID here.
You will not be able to look at your phone once you enter your polling place so be sure to write down any notes you need on a piece of paper.