The student staff of the Gephardt Institute for Civic and Community Engagement is one of the institute’s greatest assets. Working with a team of highly talented and civic-minded students increases our capacity for engagement of students, faculty, alumni, and partners to foster a robust university-wide civic culture and impact.
The institute employs a range of student staff including undergraduate coordinators, graduate assistants, and master’s research fellows who fulfill essential roles and benefit from substantive professional and personal development. Students typically work ten hours per week during the academic year, and some positions require a higher time commitment during summer break, spring break, and during peak program times.
Open to undergraduate students:
- Engage Democracy Coordinator
- Engage Democracy – Communications Coordinator
- Community Engagement Coordinator
Open to graduate students:
We will accept applications beginning Thursday, August 29, and applications are due Monday, September 9, at 5pm.
To apply, please complete our staff application form and submit a resume and cover letter.
- Paid internship experience for their contribution to the Gephardt Institute
- Orientation related to the Gephardt Institute’s mission and focus on civic and community engagement and training for their role
- Routine access to the coaching, mentorship, training, and support needed to reach their goals
- A clear scope of work and accountability to a supervisor and/or team with the resources to succeed
- Experience in a high functioning, collaborative, inclusive, and supportive professional environment
The Gephardt Institute is well-regarded for building an engaging and supportive staff community, with substantive opportunities for students to work in meaningful, impactful, and community-engaged work.
Students eligible for Federal Work Study are eligible and encouraged to apply for all Gephardt Institute internships.
For more information, please email our Associate Director and Chief of Staff, Shruti Desai, at firstname.lastname@example.org.