The Gephardt Institute Student Advisory Council (SAC) provides the Gephardt Institute for Civic and Community Engagement with input and feedback on institute programs, services, communications, and related civic and community engagement initiatives at Washington University. The council also advises the institute on opportunities, needs, and student concerns related to civic and community engagement at Washington University. Council members are asked to:
- Identify key opportunities, needs, issues, and concerns of the Washington University student body related to civic and community engagement
- Advise and provide student feedback on current and proposed civic and community engagement initiatives, marketing and communications, and Gephardt Institute programming
The Student Advisory Council will consist of 15-18 students and will reflect representation across undergraduate and graduate/professional students; academic schools; social identities; and campus, community, and civic involvement.
The SAC meets monthly in person, over dinner, on the second Monday of the month, from 5 – 6:30 p.m. at Stix House.
Members of the Advisory Council will:
- Receive professional development on civic and community engagement
- Be invited to participate in Gephardt Institute programs and events
- Support the advancement of civic and community engagement throughout the Washington University student body.
- Have opportunities to network with students, faculty, staff, alumni, civic leaders, community partners, and National Advisory Council members.
- Receive Gephardt swag
- Enjoy dinner together at each meeting