The Gephardt Institute for Civic and Community Engagement is pleased to announce an opening for a new full-time position.
The Associate Director of Faculty and Academic Engagement will be responsible for leading the vision, strategic expansion, and impact of community engagement in academic spaces at Washington University in St. Louis. This position will foster and build relationships with faculty and leadership across all seven academic schools at the university – both undergraduate and graduate levels – to assure robust and high quality opportunities for faculty and student engagement in the community, most often through community-engaged teaching and learning. The Associate Director will identify needs, priorities, and best practices to develop and implement new strategies and partnerships which advance faculty excellence, student learning, and positive community change through academic community engagement.
The Associate Director will:
- Lead Community-Engaged Teaching curricular support and visibility
- Provide academic community engagement support to faculty across the university
- Create and manage administrative infrastructure to support academic community engagement
- Facilitate partnerships between faculty and community partners
- Serve on the Gephardt Institute’s senior leadership team
The position description is available at http://jobs.wustl.edu (job ID 38903).