The Gephardt Institute is dedicated to helping you connect your professional experiences, academics, and personal commitments with meaningful field work and community engagement. Staff are available to help you navigate options and consult on project ideas and new initiatives. Learn more about ways to get involved below.
- Community-Engaged Teaching: Graduate students are in a unique position to turn theory into practice through engaged scholarship and community-based learning. Learn about course options relevant to your area of study.
- Paid Graduate Assistant and Graduate Research Fellowships: You can apply for one of several paid part-time positions on our team.
- CarShare Fund: Apply for a transportation subsidy. This fund is for students who face financial barriers to paying for transportation costs related to community service.
- Civic Engagement Fund: Receive funding and support for initiatives that cultivate community engagement. Four grant categories are available, with funding up to $5,000.
- Graduate Student Groups: Visit our student groups page to learn about opportunities for engagement throughout the year.
- Service Projects: If you would like to organize a service or philanthropy project for a group or class, our staff is available to help you develop your plans and identify local community partners.
- STLVolunteer: We partner with the United Way of Greater St. Louis to bring you current service opportunities with non-profit, community, and government agencies in the St. Louis community. Please note you will need to create a login and password to sign up.
- University-Wide Blood Drives: Participate in one of our university-wide blood drives. Regardless of eligibility, everyone can volunteer or support drives by recruiting a friend.