As a strong supporter of local schools, Washington University in St. Louis seeks to connect with K-12 teachers and students. You can benefit from faculty who are passionate about their fields of study, college students who are excited to work with young learners, world-class collections of art and artifacts, and nationally acclaimed performing artists.
Types of Connections to Consider
With help from our campus partners, we can customize school visits to the Danforth University campus. We can also come to your school location for one-time special events.
Common campus activities include:
- Tours of the Danforth Campus geared towards K – 8th grades
- Student panel discussions about college life and academic success
- Mars Rover model and geology exhibits in the Earth and Planetary Sciences department
- Classics department presentations on ancient Greece, Rome, Language, and Art
- Olin Library special collections exhibits
- WashU Common Reading Program for high school students
- Mildred Lane Kemper Art Museum interactive programming (returning in September 2019)
- Science, STEM, or STEAM night event table at your location facilitated by Everyday mySci
How it works
Requesting support through K-12 Connections is as simple as describing your plans and needs through our school request form. We will review your submission, evaluate our capacity to fulfill your request, and follow up within a week.