As a strong supporter of local schools, Washington University in St. Louis seeks to connect with K-12 teachers and students. You can benefit from faculty who are passionate about their fields of study, college students who are excited to work with young learners, world-class collections of art and artifacts, and nationally acclaimed performing artists.
Types of connections to consider
- Campus tour of libraries, laboratories, residence halls and more
- Discussions about college life led by our students
- Scavenger hunt at the Earth and Planetary Sciences Geology Museum
- Interactive programs at the Kemper Art Museum
- Educational programs at the Newman Money Museum
- Science and Technology Night open to the community
- Family Literary Night
- Mural painting with our student volunteers
K-12 Connections can develop supplemental programming to create a full-day campus experience supporting your curriculum, including:
- Linking musical performances to the science of sound and light
- Exploring social and literary connections to plays
- Developing historical narratives around art exhibitions
How it works
Step 1: Develop your idea!
Consider how Washington University can support you at your school or on our campus. K-12 Connections is best poised to assist with one-time special events in high-needs urban districts. While we can publicize your tutoring and in-classroom needs, it is unlikely we can fulfill these requests.
Step 2: Discuss the idea with your principal.
We are happy to receive requests from school administrators, teachers and parents, and we ask that all requests be approved by the principal.
Step 3: Submit an online request.
You and your principal will receive an automated confirmation.
Submit a request
Step 4: Look for our follow-up.
The following week, we will contact you about how K-12 Connections can support your request.
Step 5: Solidify plans.
Some requests may require further discussion to finalize plans.
Step 6: Enjoy the event!
We look forward to supporting a fun and educational experience for your students!
Step 7: Give us feedback.
Feedback on your experience helps us continue to support your efforts in the future.