As a strong supporter of local schools, Washington University in St. Louis seeks to connect with K-12 teachers and students. You can benefit from faculty who are passionate about their fields of study, college students who are excited to work with young learners, world-class collections of art and artifacts, and nationally acclaimed performing artists.
Types of Connections to Consider
University Field Trips
We customize visits to our campus for school groups and classes, with experiences including:
- Campus tour of libraries, laboratories, residence halls and more
- Discussions about college life led by our students
- Scavenger hunt at the Earth and Planetary Sciences Geology Museum
- Interactive programs at the Kemper Art Museum
- Educational programs at the Newman Money Museum
One-Time Special Events at Your School
We connect schools with student volunteers and other campus resources for events such as:
- Science and Technology Night open to the community
- Family Literary Night
- Mural painting with our student volunteers
Edison Theatre and the Kemper Art Museum are eager to introduce your students to special events, exhibitions and permanent collections.
K-12 Connections can develop supplemental programming to create an expanded campus experience supporting your curriculum. Possibilities include:
- Interaction with Arts faculty
- Campus visits with special themes or arts integration (STEAM)
How it works
Requesting support through K-12 Connections is as simple as describing your plans and needs through our school request form. We will review your submission, evaluate our capacity to fulfill your request, and follow up within a week.