The Opportunities newsletter is distributed via email only when fall & spring classes are in session.
Guidelines for Newsletter Submissions
- Announcements should be broadly relevant to the Washington University in St. Louis community. Most recipients of the Opportunities newsletter are undergraduate students, although staff, faculty and community members also subscribe to the newsletter. Announcement specifically relevant to graduate students will also be included in their monthly newsletter.
- Submissions should relate to civic engagement and community service opportunities offered by nonprofit and non-partisan organizations. Announcements can address volunteer and civic opportunities in the St. Louis region as well as nonprofit internships, summer, post-graduate and international opportunities, jobs, scholarships, fellowships and trainings.
- Deadlines: Submissions for Thursday’s Opportunities newsletter should be submitted by noon each Tuesday. You may submit announcements in advance of the date you wish them to be included in the newsletter.
- Announcements referencing alcohol or with attendance fees over $20 will not be included. Fundraisers may be considered if the announcement focuses on volunteer opportunities.
- Repeat announcements are discouraged because of the large volume of submissions. A repeat announcement will be made at the discretion of the Gephardt Institute staff.
- The Gephardt Institute staff reserves the right to edit or reject all submissions.
- Washington University is a politically neutral institution. Listing of any event or activity in the newsletter is not indicative of university sponsorship or support of any political cause or position.