All individuals participating in service trips are required to attend trainings, complete safety and emergency forms, and have access to funding to support their participation.
|Only trip leaders complete||All trip participants and leaders complete|
|Forms||1. Service Trip Information Form (required for all trips). (NOTE: Proposal is embedded in this form)
2. Petition (required for trips traveling to high-risk location according to U.S. State Dept. or International SOS)
3. Service Trip Application Form*
|1. Service Trip Participant Form (required of all participants)
2. Supplemental Waiver (required for participants traveling to high-risk location according to U.S. State Dept. or International SOS)
3. Service Trip Application Form*
|Insurance||If traveling internationally, enroll in HTH Worldwide insurance. To do so:
1. Visit www. hthstudents.com
2. Enroll in the Wash U group plan with code ISD-30149
3. Save and upload your enrollment confirmation to your Studio Abroad participant forms.
|Training**||1. Service Trip Leaders Workshops (four annual, all leaders required to attend)||1. Service Trip Participant Training (three annual, all participants required to attend only the one assigned to their season of travel. See below for details ).|
|Funding||1. CEF Service Trip Capacity-Building Grant (all SU-sponsored trips eligible. See CEF webpage for eligibility details and application requirements)||1. CEF Individual Need-based Grant (all WU students on any service trip, whether SU-sponsored or affiliate, eligible. See CEF webpage for eligibility details and app. requirements)|
*The Service Trip Application Form is intended to increase transparency to prospective participants about service trip expectations, costs, and risks. It will also increased accountability for service trip leaders and organizers to manage their team preparation and program budget.
- Trip Leaders, download the blank Service Trip Application form here.
- Trip Leaders complete this form and include it as a cover page to their application
- Trip Leaders email the completed form with Tim Dugan, email@example.com
- Trip Participants review, sign, and include this form with their completed application
- Trip Leaders submit complete participant rosters before Service Trip Participant Training (Go to Participant Training dates).
**The Service Trip Leadership Team offers 45 minute workshops that may be customized to the unique location, culture, service, and learning outcomes of each trip. Workshops offered include:
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Cultural Awareness and community engagement
- Effective Service
- Fundraising techniques
All individuals participating in service trips, including trip leaders, must complete safety and emergency forms via the University’s Studio Abroad online system.
|TRIP CYCLE||DEADLINE DATE||DEADLINE TIME|
|Fall Break||October 1||11:00pm|
|Winter Break||November 5||11:00pm|
|Spring Break||February 4||11:00pm|
|Summer Break||April 1||11:00pm|
Before Completing Your Forms
- Please begin your forms at least 48 HOURS BEFORE the deadline. Studio Abroad requires this time to verify users, and applicants will not be able to electronically sign any materials until system verification is complete.
- You may save your responses and return to your dashboard anytime to continue your forms.
- Participant forms must be completed by all individuals participating in the trip, including trip leaders and advisors
- Addition Leader forms pertain to basic trip information, and must be completed by one of the trip leaders
- If you have any questions, please contact Tim Dugan from the Gephardt Institute.
- Use these links for all service trips – fall, winter, spring, and summer.
- Summer is defined as trips that occur between the end of spring courses and the start of fall course. Please be sure you select the right season so that you will show on the proper list in case of an emergency.