- Community-Engaged Teaching: Graduate students are in a unique position to turn theory into practice through engaged scholarship and community-based learning. Visit our list of CET courses to find coursework relevant to your area of study.
- Research Fellow Program: The Gephardt Institute partners with the Brown School of Social Work to support five Research Fellow positions in our offices. Fellows have a range of responsibilities, including research, assessment, and implementation support for Gephardt Institute programs. For more information, please contact Jillian Martin, Assistant Director for Strategy and Evaluation.
- Service Projects: If you would like to organize a service or philanthropy project for a group or class, our staff is available to help you develop your plans and identify local community partners.
- STLVolunteer: We partner with the United Way of Greater St. Louis to bring you current service opportunities with non-profit, community, and government agencies in the St. Louis community. Please note you will need to create a login and password to sign up.
- Civic Engagement Fund: With financial support and counsel on responsible engagement, the Fund enables you to turn your vision into action through service projects and community engagement events.
- Enterprise CarShare Fund: gain access to transportation for your service or civic engagement project
University-Wide Community Service Events
Graduate Student Groups
The following graduate student groups either focus on or include community service in their programming. Please check back for a growing list of community service focused groups within graduate schools and programs.
- Graduate Professional Council (GPC) Community Service Committee
- Black Graduate Council – Calista Alaribe & Nadia Woods
- Latino Graduate Student Alliance – Vanessa Farias & Fabiola Paz
- OutGrads – Molly Stanley & Jeff Kremer
- Olin Business School
- Olin Cares
- School of Law
- Black Law Students Association (BLSA) – Rene Morency
- Public Service Advisory Board (PSAB) – Josh Sills & Jenny Terrell
- Student Bar Association (SBA) – Kam Ammari
- Women’s Law Society (WLC) – Rachael McLain