Blood drives are a lifesaving tradition at Washington University in St. Louis, and we invite you to get involved. Sponsored in partnership with American Red Cross and Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center they take place four times per academic year.
Join the Next Blood Drive: January 28
Danforth Campus: 9am-9pm, Athletic Complex
Medical Campus: 10am-6pm, Olin Residential Hall
Volunteers enable blood drive locations to run more efficiently and allow donors to get in and out faster. Volunteers are needed to help with:
- Donor and walk-in check-in
- Information distribution about the blood donation process (this is given to you upon arrival)
- Supporting blood bank staff
- Outreach and communication when locations are especially full or available for more donors
- Location set up and clean up
Volunteer shifts are one (1) hour, but you are welcome and encouraged to sign up for multiple shifts. Sign up to volunteer here.
Learn more about other ways to get involved here.