Framed against the backdrop of the Vice-Presidential debate, this conversation will consider the impact of how political candidates’ identities shape the conversation with an increasingly diverse electorate. This includes political agendas, media discourse, the emergence of new groups as political players, and new forms of backlash. This roundtable will pay special attention to intersections between racial, ethnic, immigrant, and gender identities. Register here.
- Sayu Bhojwani, PhD, Founder & CEO, New American Leaders
- Charli Cooksey, MEd, Founder & CEO, WePower
- Hedy Lee, PhD, Professor of Sociology & Associate Director of the Center for Race, Ethnicity & Equity, Washington University
- Ila Sheren, PhD, Associate Professor of Art History and Archeology
- Rebecca Wanzo, PhD, Professor & Chair, Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies, Washington University
- Adrienne Davis, Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs & Diversity, William M. Van Cleve Professor of Law, Director, Center for the Study of Race, Ethnicity & Equity