Your contribution goes right to work to educating the next generation of citizens and civic leaders. Through the comprehensive and transformative experiences offered by the Gephardt Institute, students are able to impact St. Louis today and are prepared to impact other communities tomorrow as alumni.
Make a Gift Online
Donate to the Gephardt Institute today via the secure form below. You can select to make a one-time gift, make a recurring gift, give in honor or memory of someone else, and more.
How Does My Gift Make an Impact?
$50 or more supports an event that encourages civic engagement, such as a voter registration drive or a program featuring community partners to discuss pressing regional challenges.
$100 or more provides any of the following:
- Training for a student group, or facilitation of a civic dialogue.
- Support for a “Meet the Leader” lunch with a visiting civic leader.
- Coverage for incidental expenses associated with Community Engaged Courses, which enable faculty and students to build impactful, reciprocal, and sustained relationships with community partners.
$500 or more underwrites a Community Partnership Mini Grant through the Civic Engagement Fund for a community project, special event, or educational experience.
$1,000 or more supports any of the following:
- Policy forum, such as the “What’s at Stake in the St. Louis City Election” panel discussion.
- Funding for more substantial capacity-building grants through the Civic Engagement Fund. Options include Course Development Grants for faculty to incorporate community engagement into courses, or student funding for a major project in partnership with a St. Louis organization.
- A special event on campus for K-12 youth from underserved communities to experience college life and participate in enrichment activities such as science projects, performances, museum tours, athletic events, and skill-building.
$5,000 or more can fund one Gephardt Institute student intern per year (two semesters). The Gephardt Student Internship Program supports a team of highly talented and civic-minded student leaders who increase the institute’s capacity to foster a robust university-wide civic culture and impact.
$10,000 or more can fund one Faculty Community Engagement Fellow per year to support faculty across the university who are developing or teaching Community Engaged Courses.
Ways to Give:
Gifts to the Gephardt Institute’s Annual fund may be processed securely online (by credit card only).
Please make your check payable to Washington University, note that it is for the Gephardt Institute, and send to:
Washington University in St. Louis
7425 Forsyth Blvd
St. Louis, Missouri 63130-4899
Please send a note with your credit card number, expiration date, name as it appears on the card and indicate the amount you wish to give. It is important to have a signature on this note verifying your request. Please send to the above address.
Major gifts to the Gephardt Institute may be pledged over a 2 to 5-year period. If you are interested in a pledge, please contact Colleen Watermon at email@example.com.
Giving appreciated securities that have been held more than 12 months allows you to claim a charitable deduction while avoiding capital gains tax. The extra tax savings you realize could make it possible for you to make a larger gift than you might have planned.
By participating in planned giving, the Gephardt Institute can count on your continued support to provide valuable public service programs, service learning opportunities, and assistance to students for years to come. All gifts to the Gephardt Institute are fully tax-deductible for federal income tax purposes, and subject to any limitations placed on charitable gifts.
For more information, please contact Colleen Watermon, Director of Development, Gephardt Institute for Civic & Community Engagement, at 314-935-9221 or by email.