At the Gephardt Institute, we believe engaged citizens foster thriving communities. We base our relationships on a respect for community voice, assets, and partnership, while providing support to community organizations seeking collaboration with Washington University.
Cultivating Community Partnerships
We seek to develop partnerships with organizations that respond to community needs and priorities. We focus on trust, collaboration, and shared goals.
What We Do
We work closely with community organizations in the St. Louis region to facilitate effective partnerships with the Gephardt Institute’s various student programs and opportunities. We strive to co-create mutually beneficial partnerships between WashU students and the St. Louis community. Some of the ways we do that include, but are not limited to:
- Sharing opportunities for WashU students to get involved in St. Louis through our weekly Opportunities Newsletter , which is distributed to over 4,000 students, staff and faculty.
- Matching your organizational needs with potential student intern programs
- Hosting civic and community engagement programs highlighting community voices and leadership, such as our Civic Cafe and Graduate Impact Forum event series.
Who We Engage
Community partners that align with the Gephardt Institute’s mission of community engagement can be: not-for-profit organizations, government offices or programs, schools, for-profit organizations with a public mission, museums, civic groups, labor unions, neighborhood associations and more.
Stay in Touch:
- Reach out to Sam Babb, Associate Director for Community Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org to connect and share your current needs.
- Connect with us on social media via Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.