Grant Recipient Guidelines
Congratulations on receiving a grant from the Civic Engagement Fund at the Gephardt Institute for Civic and Community Engagement! This page serves as a guide to the awarding and evaluations process of the grant as well as to answer any questions that you might have. Please read all information carefully. Following funding procedures will allow you to receive funds in a timely manner.
If you are a WashU faculty or staff member, or work for a WashU department, see the Inter-Department Transfer Process for information on how to receive funds through your department.
Step-by-Step Reimbursement Process
Step 1: Sign and submit the Grant Acceptance Form
- Submit the online grant acceptance form within 7 days of your award notification. This confirms the acceptance of the grant.
Step 2: Throughout your project/event, keep all ORIGINAL receipts that clearly break down the purchase(s) by line item and indicate paid in full.
- If multiple group members are splitting the initial cost for items, please be sure to designate one person to handle all financial transactions.
Step 3: Throughout your project/event, keep track of how many members of the WashU and non-WashU community participated and engaged with your work. This will be required as part of your summary report.
- If there are less than 13 people at any event or project that involves food or other social expenses, you must record all of their names for reimbursement processes.
Step 4: Turn in your summary report using the online form.
- This must be turned in within 30 days of project completion.
Step 5: Request a reimbursement meeting via email to review all of your receipts, complete paperwork, submit photos, and address any lingering questions.
- This meeting will take up to 30 minutes so please schedule accordingly and please bring all of your original itemized receipts.
Step 6: Once approved for reimbursement, we will submit request for payment through Accounts Payable.
- If you have questions regarding reimbursement please email CivicEngagementFund@wustl.edu.
If you are unable to incur the expenses with the grant awarded
If you are unable to incur the expenses associated with the grant awarded, we are happy to work with you to break down reimbursement into more manageable amounts. Please email CivicEngagementFund@wustl.edu to schedule an appointment to go over that process.
If you have purchased an airline ticket
If the purchase is an airline ticket, please make sure that the receipt that is emailed to you indicates proof of payment or that you can find a payment invoice for the ticket.
If you are a Student Union recognized student group
Occasionally reimbursement can occur through Student Union. In this case original receipts will be turned into Student Union and copies of the receipts will be given to the Gephardt Institute. If you are interested in funding through Student Union, please email CivicEngagementFund@wustl.edu.